IB Diploma & Career Programme: Grades 11 and 12
IB Diploma Programme
- The IBDP is made up of 7 college level courses that are taking over the course of 2 years
- HL Language and Literature
- SL Language and Literature
- HL History of the Americas
- SL Environmental Systems
- SL Biology
- SL Math Applications and Interpretation
- HL Psychology
- SL Spanish
- HL Visual Arts
- SL Visual Arts
- Theory of Knowledge and the Extended Essay
- Classes are comprehensive and rigorous – focused on academic reading and writing. Students complete work as if a professional in that field. For example, a student in Psychology will read studies, critique work of other psychologists, and complete a psychological investigation of their own all the while building depth of understanding in the field.
- Students sit for exams during May of their senior year to earn college credit and strive for the IB Diploma
IB Career Programme
- The IBCP is a two year programme for grades 11-12. Students must take two Diploma Programme courses AND complete a Career Pathway. The programme combines academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
- The core components of the IBCP:
- Personal & Professional Skills Class - Students learn about ethics, attitudes, strategies, and skills related to their field of study.
- Service Learning - Students go outside of school to meet an authentic community need related to their field of study.
- Reflective Project - The reflective project is an in-depth body of work produced over an extended period of time and submitted towards the end of the CP. Through a reflective project students identify, analyze, critically discuss and evaluate an ethical issue arising from their career field.
- Language Development